Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 71

Today, I headed to Shockoe Bottom (in the city, where most of the bars and clubs are) to deliver something. While I was walking back to my car, I decided to talk some photos.

I love seeing plants growing through man-made objects. In this case, the plants are growing through the foundation of a building.

These are the same kind of plants, but these are growing through the sidewalk.

The trees lining 18th street were gnarly with new growth.

These are the roots of one of the trees. I loved how these looked among the rocks from the street and glass from broken bottles...ah the bar district...

When I got home, a hawk landed in a near by tree. Sorry for the blurry photo. I went outside to try to take a better photo, but it flew away. Hopefully the hawks will stay in our neighborhood and I can take better photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment