Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 55

I had noticed various types of moss and small plants growing around this one tree in our neighborhood. I thought it make for nice photos today.

There are a couple different ground mosses. There is this brighter green and the pine like one. I suppose they could be ground covers vs moss, but I like their color and texture.

There is this greyish white colored moss that grows with regular green moss along the bottom of the trunk. It's almost mushroom like.

I found this small Holly tree sapling.

This is a small ivy that grows along part of the trunk of the tree.

This is the James River as seen on my way home across the Powhite Parkway bridge. It's a beautiful view on both sides. This past summer, I was fortunate enough to get to tube along this stretch of river. To the left is a golf course. To the right is housing and some other building that I'm not familiar with.

No comments:

Post a Comment