Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 70

Today, I showed Alex how to hunt for little and weird things. I'm not sure how much she learned, but she really tried. These are the things we discovered today.

Baby pine tree

Moss
This is a soft kind we really like.

This leaf looks like a normal leaf right? Nothing that special about it...though I do like the spots. The next photo explains why this leaf isn't normal...

This leaf is HUGE. This is it in comparison to Alex's size 1.5 shoe. This leaf is even larger than my size 8 shoe. We didn't see any other leaves this size. I believe it's an Oak leaf

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are getting your child involved in nature hunts. I just got to work with moss today in a terrarium. Love the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fun and easy thing to do with her. She tends to make little houses and businesses out of the leaves, which is cute too and a good way to distract her if I'm having trouble photographing something.

    ReplyDelete