Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 165

Today, I took photos of new plants along the main path.

I think these are some type of rose.


These came from the pine trees.


We have lots of caterpillars and inchworms who have been busy chewing on leaves


This weed like plant has a very long stem. I'm trying to convince my neighbor not to cut it down, just in case it has beautiful flowers.


These are vivid red azaleas


Pink and white azaleas


My white azalea is already losing it's blooms. This bee was taking advantage of the pollen in this one. You can see that a petal of this one has a hole in it. That might be from caterpillars or inchworms.


This is from a tulip tree. Tulip trees are tall  like oaks and maples, so it's hard to see their blooms way up high, to see which of the trees is a tulip tree. I will try to find the tree though.


The rhododendron started opening up it's blooms. I walked around to the back of the bush and was greeted by two large bees. They were so big that the clusters shook when they entered the flowers. It was amusing to watch them from a safe distance, as they gathered and dropped pollen.


This the second bee. It looks like a weird little alien.

No comments:

Post a Comment