Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 120

Today, I stayed at the house doing work.

I am happy to finally get a decent photo of these birds. They are very small and tend to move around quickly. Today, there were two in this tree. I suspect they are making a nest by my balcony, or re-purposing the old nest that I never removed.


Just in case you can't easily see, there are two birds on this branch.


I walked with Alex to the bus stop and noticed these white flowers had grown near by.


My neighbor's Daffodils are starting to open up. 


The water on this leaf is like a magnifying glass. It enlarges the view of the white dots on the leaf. Click on the photo for a better view.


While I was taking a photo of the above leaf, I noticed two small birds trying to make a nest in my neighbor's wreath. I made them nervous, but I made sure I wasn't in their path. They kept flying from the nest to this tree. 

This is the female.


This is the male.


This is the female on the left and male on the right. Female birds traditionally are less colorful than the males. I suspect this is so the females are camouflaged when protecting the nest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment