Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 47

This morning, I heard and saw a large flock of Starlings in the back yard. I've only seen the black ones here. There are other colors (see link), but not in the area we live. I went on the covered back porch to photograph them without them being threatened by me. They are very social birds and fly from place to place quickly. They were in a section that was hard to photograph a group of them well. Both of those factors mades them hard to photograph.

I thought this was a Starling. Nope, it was another fat Robin. This bird kept coming back to the tree. It got fairly close to me, but this was the best photo.

This is a Starling.

There are five starlings in this photo. (one at the top right, two in the middle, and two on the bottom branch) There were around 100 in the back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment