Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 43 - Christmas Eve

I spent most of the day making a painting for my mom. By the time I was done, the sun had set. However, we headed over to my parents' house for Christmas Eve activities, so I knew I could get nice shots there.

For dinner, we have steak. This is dad rescuing steaks from the grill that flamed up. I figured fire fit in nice to the nature theme of this blog. It's rare if I can take photos of that. This one was so large, it went down and caught part of the deck on fire. Thankfully, dad fixed that fast.

Using flash in the dark, when you're not sure if your camera is really focused, is a difficult thing to do. This is the best photo of the plants in one of the deck rail baskets.

Leaves had fallen in one of the bird bath. The cold temperature, had frozen the water, so the leaves were encased in ice.

They have this tray on their deck table that has grass in it. Snow from earlier in the week was still sitting in, but part of it had melted, revealing the plants below.

No comments:

Post a Comment