Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 3

There is a tree by the entrance to our housing section, that has neat character. I've been wanting to take photos of it for a few weeks, so I thought it would work well for today's post. The sky was cloudless, so the sunlight was great.

These leaves had little metallic flecks on them. I think it might be bits of paint from cars that touch the leaves as drive past. The little white looking dots are those silver metallic flecks.

The tree has many of these seed pods hanging from the bottom of it's branches.

I headed over to my parents' house to pick up Alex from her sleep over. My parents have a large array of plants. I will take lots of photos at their house over the course of this project, but for today, I have this photo.

This is a Crape Myrtle that has been cut back many times over the years of it's life. The bumps are from where the branches have been cut back and healed over.

No comments:

Post a Comment